In the event of a call or notice to the effect that a bomb has been placed in a school or any other building or establishment, the following procedures are recommended:
1. Immediate evacuation of the school or buildings.*
2. If the call was not received originally by the fire and police departments, immediate notification is required.
3. A search of the building or premises should be conducted by the police and/or fire department.
4. If a thorough search has been conducted and nothing found, the principal of the building should be notified by the police and/or fire department that reentry will be permitted.
5. A request for investigation of the incident should be made to the local police department.
Any decision concerning the dismissal of school students and subsequent action after the above procedures have been followed is the prerogative of the superintendent.
*Evacuation of the building to various safe locations in a random order is preferred so that anyone threatening harm will not have prior knowledge of the evacuation route and safe areas.