TRANSFER AND RELEASE OF
It is the policy of the Tannehill Board of Education to adhere strictly to Oklahoma and Federal law concerning the transfer and release of confidential information including student records.
For the purposes of this policy, "confidential information" means any information regarding a child receiving services supported in whole or in part by state or federal funds, a family member of such child, or other persons residing in the home of such child, and which is required by state or federal law or regulation to be maintained in a confidential manner.
The school district will transfer and release confidential information in accordance with this policy to:
(1) The Department of Human Services,
(2) The Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services,
(3) The State Department of Health,
(4) The State Department of Education,
(5) The State Department of Career and Technology Education,
(6) The Oklahoma Commission on Children and Youth,
(7) The J.D. McCarty Center for Handicapped Children,
(8) The Department of Corrections,
(9) Private agencies receiving public funds pursuant to a grant or contract with one of the agencies listed in (1) through (8) and providing institutional, community residential or community-based services as defined by Title 10, Section 7001-1.3 of the Oklahoma Statutes, to children and family,
(10) Persons and agencies subject to the rules promulgated by the agencies listed in (1) through (8),
(11) Statutorily-constituted juvenile bureaus, and
(12) Other school districts upon their request and in compliance with state law.
Unless otherwise permitted by state or federal law or regulation, confidential information will only be released to the above-described entities pursuant to (1) a court order or (2) an informed consent that has been executed by (a) the parent or guardian of the child or other person authorized by state or federal law to execute such consent, if the subject of the confidential information is a child or (b) the individual who was the subject of the confidential information or other person authorized by law to execute such consent on his or her behalf, if the subject of the confidential information is an adult. A copy of the school district's informed consent form may be found at FLE-E.
TRANSFER AND RELEASE OF CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION (Cont.)
The school district will follow the rules promulgated by the State Department of Education for authorizing access to and the transfer or release of confidential information for the purpose of gathering statistical information or conducting studies or research otherwise authorized by law.
The school district shall charge $.50 per page for all copies made pursuant to this policy plus the actual cost of mailing the copies.
REFERENCE: 10 O.S. §620.1, et seq.
10 O.S. §7001-1.3
70 O.S. §24-101.4
THIS POLICY REQUIRED BY LAW.