In accordance with the policy of the board of education, these regulations (FMA-R1, FMA-R2, and FMA-R3) shall govern extracurricular activities in the public schools:
Anyone owing fines or fees shall not be allowed to participate in the true extracurricular component of the activity until such time as payments are made. An extracurricular activity is defined as any activity sponsored by the school and at the convenience of the school that causes students to be absent from curricular class periods.
The following are considered extracurricular activities:
1. Student government and its related activities and organization.
2. Musical festivals or contests, speech contests, debates, dramatics contests.
3. Organized activities that are part of interscholastic athletics.
4. Organized activities that are part of intramural athletics.
5. All types of interscholastic competition.
6. Special interest clubs.
In an effort to provide a reasonably safe and educationally sound extracurricular activities program, the following guidelines shall be observed:
1. Only drivers currently licensed to operate a school bus shall operate a school bus on any school sponsored activity.
2. There must be an adult sponsor, in addition to the bus driver for each extracurricular activity that requires school furnished transportation.
3. All activities must be scheduled through the principal's office and placed on the calendar in the high school office. The calendar will reflect the time, place, and time of departure.
4. Students may not ride in private vehicles to or from any extracurricular activity without prior written consent of the requesting student's parent or guardian and consent of the activity's sponsor.
5. Evidence of insurance shall be required for each student who participates in an extracurricular activity.
6. All extracurricular activities shall operate within the rules and guidelines of the Oklahoma State Department of Education and the Oklahoma Secondary School Activities Association.
EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES, REGULATION (Cont.)
While all students are encouraged to participate in extracurricular activities, the following requirements must be met:
1. The student must maintain a C average in all subjects in which enrolled.
2. The student must meet the school's attendance policy.
3. The student must be in good standing within the rules of the activity.
Any group desiring to have a school-sponsored activity should secure the approval of their sponsor. The sponsor should then check with the principal in charge of activities, complete an activity request, and have the activity approved, and placed on the school calendar. Activities should be placed on the calendar at least one week before the activity is to take place.